8 to 10 years of experience in game programming, including working on at least 3 shipped Mobile games.
- Leading and managing a team of gameplay Programmers.
- Design, architect, implement and debug game platform interfaces and systems
- Rapid prototyping and ownership of fun in-car customer experiences
- Balance active code development with management requirements and responsibilities of a team lead.
- Define best practices for development within the team from coding standards to technical documentation.
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/validation, and designers
- Communicate with game development and publishing partners
- Work with production, engineering, design, and art to break down gameplay features, create delivery plans and track development across teams.
- Support and incentivize knowledge sharing within the team.
- Set performance metrics and optimize code and data for memory and performance as needed.
- Contribute to debugging tools for programmers, level designers, and artists.
- Maintain strong relationships between the different disciplines.
- Develop simple solutions to challenging problems within the performance constraints of real-time gameplay.
- Work closely with other members of the gameplay team to ensure robust and shippable code is created across the board.
- Build code that performs well on the target hardware, both meeting game designs requirements and exceeding them.
- Ensure that the team is well versed on how to use features and that those features work well within the overall codebase.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- Actively contribute to the growth of new startup studio: lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra.
- Experience in core areas of gameplay development such as animation, physics, AI, and networking.
- Experience debugging and optimizing gameplay code
- Experience leading, building, and developing high-functioning teams.
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
- Willingness & curiosity to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, Rendering, Core, Protocol, Server
- Experience shipping products in the video game industry
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Self-directed and takes the initiative to drive progress.
- Self-motivated and directed; able to act with a sense of agency and accountability.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate in collaboration with others.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org